Saturday, June 26, 2010

Converting blueberries

Market day for Mike and for the second Saturday in a row, I did not have to work. Don't worry, I'll make up for that this coming week. Mike said they had a good market today. The weather sure was nice. It was also nice having some more produce to sell. Between the two markets, they sold all 34 pints of blueberries that they took with them. We had onions again and sprouts as usual. Mike brought some broccoli home from the Covered Bridge Garden folks. I'll use our eggs to make a broccoli cheese quiche sometime in the next few days.


But for me, today was about catching up on my weekly sleep deficit. I don't buy into people saying that you can't catch up. I did get up at 6am to do chicken chores, but then went back to bed. After spending the morning sleeping off and on, I felt fantastic all afternoon. Finally got the pasture mowed for the chickens and most important, started converting the blueberries that I picked Thursday evening into various forms. Most of them are going to be frozen whole so I sorted, washed and let the berries dry before getting the first two cookie trays full and in the freezer. Tomorrow I'll pack the frozen berries into freezer bags and get the next two batches in the freezer. After dinner, I whipped up a batch of "to die for blueberry muffins" that I wrote about Thursday. I double batched so I could share with my neighbors. I am so blessed to have such great neighbors. I need to remember to say thank you and this seemed a good way. Got done too late tonight so I will deliver tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment